Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kobo Mini Pouch Tutorial

So I got a Kobo Mini for my sister for Christmas and when I went looking for a cover for it I could not find anything super cute - functional yes, but not cute. Chapters had tons of cute covers for the Kobo Glow which I loved but they just were not going to fit that Mini. Enter this tutorial. It is very simple in construction but I think it looks cute in the end and serves a purpose to boot:)

First you need to gather your materials:

Two pieces of fabric 6" X 12.75"
Two pieces of fusible interfacing 6" X 12.75"
One piece of batting 5.75" X 12.5"
and any accessories you might like

First cut your fabric, interfacing and batting to size:
Then iron on your interfacing to the wrongside of your fabric:
Next place your fabric right sides together and layer your batting on top. Sew all the way around fabric with a 3/8" seam leaving a good 2" hole to turn the fabric right side out:
(sorry about the crazy lines above - realized later you wouldn't be able to see my thread so had a little help showing it here :) )

Next Trim the corners and extra batting:
Turn the project right side out, tuck in the 2" hole that you left unsewn and iron flat. The interfacing will catch the fabric and seal it shut:
At this point you can sew the top and bottom edges a 1/4" in for a decorative stitch. Next fold it in half and stitch a 1/4" around the three sides - pop your little Kobo Mini in and your complete!:

I chose to add a few buttons to mine as well to add to the cuteness factor:

 And there it is a cute Kobo Mini case to enjoy!